- 1 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, hot (not boiling)
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated American cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (for different variation, try using Monterrey jack cheese or adding 1/2 cup jalapeno slices)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a casserole dish.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- When melted, add flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute (until butter is absorbed).
- Whisk in hot milk, cook for 3 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Add 1 cup each of the cheeses, and stir until smooth.
- Cook macaroni, drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Combine everything together and pour into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, and bake at 400Ffor 20 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6